Dental Assistant in Brookhaven NY and Greater New York?
A Dental Assistant plays a crucial role in any dentist practice and in the treatment procedures of patients in Brookhaven NY and greater New York. In fact, such a person enables the majority of procedures to take place in the dental room, and makes sure that all actions are performed successfully and in due time.
If you are thinking about becoming a Dental Assistant, the very idea that your help can improve the patient’s health and his or her mood or just make him or her calmer and more confident in the dental chair should make you feel proud! This article will guide you through the necessary skills and training required to become a dental assistant in Brookhaven NY. Significant education, training and study is required, however there are many accredited schools in Brookhaven NY and greater New York, such as those identified throughout this website.
What Educational Base You are to Obtain to Become a Dental Assistant in Brookhaven NY and Greater New York?
It goes without saying that a person working in a health related environment should have a high level of education and training. It does not necessarily mean that a degree needs to be obtained. However, a license or a registration certificate for a Dental Assistant is an obligatory requirement, this can be obtained by undertaking relevant study at accredited schools and institutions in Brookhaven NY. One more important prerequisite for becoming a professional Dental Assistant is that you are to pass a Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) examination or have minimum 2 years of experiencing in this field. Again, studying at relevant schools will help you prepare for such examinations, such schools can be found in Brookhaven NY or greater New York.
Some Useful Subjects to be Mastered to Become a Dental Assistant in Brookhaven NY and Greater New York
As it was mentioned above, it is extremely preferred that a Dental Assistant has a medical educational background, i.e. he or she has taken courses on dentistry or dental assisting from accredited schools in Brookhaven NY or greater New York. In addition, the courses for dental technicians, dentists, dental therapists will bring more confidence in your performance as a Dental Assistant. However, the majors connected with social sciences and management will be of great help because working as a Dental Assistant you will need to provide non-medical services as well, like keeping patient treatment records and documentation, communication with the patients, and arranging the time schedule of the dental operators.
As you can see, there are many different courses available from schools in Brookhaven NY and greater New York. We suggest you take the time to research into the various courses and schools available to find the right opportunity for you.
Dental Assistant Schools in New York
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
- Medical Assisting
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Summarize the roles, functions, and impacts of an effective healthcare manager.
- Evaluate existing research using quantitative statistical tools to assist in healthcare management decision making.
- Identify, evaluate, and respond to common types of healthcare ethical dilemmas.
- Describe the value of personal and professional development, community service, and life-long learning in healthcare management.
- Evaluate the impact of information systems and technology on healthcare processes and the securing of health information.
- Analyze the strategic impact of human resource development and management on healthcare organizations.
- Graduate Specialization - Healthcare Administration
- Master - Healthcare Administration and Management
- BS - Healthcare Administration and Management
- Dental Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
About the College of Westchester
Since 1915, The College of Westchester (CW) has focused on the career success of its students. CW's academic programs are carefully designed to provide the skills and competencies most desired by employers. Our campus environment is highly personal and our culture centers on service to students. CW faculty is selected based on experience, credentials and a caring attitude to bring real world knowledge to the classroom. The College's technologies and web-enhanced learning tools give students anywhere, anytime connectivity to courses, professors, classmates and services. The College of Westchester offers an exceptional experience that can lead to a lifetime of achievement and success.
- AAS-Medical Assistant Management
- Medical Office Specialist
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Office Assistant
- Clinical Medical Assistant-CERT
- Medical Assistant-AS
- Medical Office Assistant-CERT
For over 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, quality career education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, healthcare and computer technology. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
Skills Necessary to be a Dental Assistant in Brookhaven NY and Greater New York
The profession of a Dental Assistant’s and Dentists in general includes multiple tasks, which sometimes are carried out simultaneously. Moreover, medical environments always presupposes certain emotional stress both for patients and clinicians. That is why ability to handle stress is one of the most important prerequisites for a Dental Assistant. Some of additional skills that a Dental Assistant should possess include:
- Good communication skills (to enable fruitful cooperation between the clinician and the patient);
- Confidence and calmness (to make the patient feel comfortable in a tense situation);
- Attention to detail (to ensure fast and correct performance of the required procedures); and
- Integrity (to ensure confidentiality for the patient’s personal information).
Daily Activities and Job Duties for a Dental Assistant in Brookhaven NY and Greater New York
Obviously, a Dental Assistant should be able to take care of numerous tasks during the working day. No doubt, the major one is ensuring successful services and treatment for the patient. However, a professional Dental Assistant is to pay attention to the following duties as well:
- Assistance in the dental treatment of the patient;
- Keeping the treatment records and documentation connected with the treatment process, as well as the medical history of a person;
- Communication with the patients in regard to the appointments and visits to the dental room;
- Taking care of the patient’s preparation for the dental surgery or examination;
- Assistance during the dental operations or surgery including the instruments’ preparation, their sterilizing and passing them to the dental surgeon during and after the operation;
- Arranging the clinician’s working schedule;
- Organizing the cooperation between the clinician, other medical and non-medical institutions, and the patient; and
- Arranging the maintenance of the dental facilities.
The extensive list of activities and duties above may looks daunting, however undertaking relevant education and training from schools and education providers in Brookhaven NY and greater New York will help prepare you for your career as a dental assistant.
Career Opportunities and Earning Potential of a Dental Assistant in Brookhaven NY and Greater New York
It is not a secret that the dentistry sector is one of the highest paid within the health care field. As a result, one can conclude that a professional Dental Assistant has a great chance to earn a good salary. According to the United States BLS in 2010 the average salary for a Dental Assistant was about $33,470 per year.
Undertaking relevant study, education and training is an excellent way to improve your earning potential. Relevant education from accredited schools in Brookhaven NY and greater New York is highly regarded and sought after.